IEEE Robotics and Automation Society IEEE

Visa Information

Beginning January 12, 2009, all nationals and citizens of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who plan to travel to the U.S. for temporary business or pleasure for 90 days or less will be required by law to obtain travel authorization prior to initiating travel to the US. This authorization can be obtained online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a free Internet application administered by the US Department of Homeland security. For additional information about the ESTA visit Travelers from countries not in the VWP are still required to obtain a Visa upon entry in the US and can download an individual acceptance letter as described below.

Letters of Acceptance

If your paper has been accepted, you can log on to PaperPlaza to download an acceptance letter that can be used for US visa applications. Please follow these instructions:

  1. Log on to PaperPlaza.
  2. Enter author or proposer submission number.
  3. In the options, choose an option of "request an acceptance letter".
  4. Input your passport information and click download.
  5. Download your acceptance letter at the next page.

If you need to provide a contact person for the conference in your visa application, you can use the the conference General Chair, Dr. Lynne Parker:

Dr. Lynne E. Parker
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Building
1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996

Email: leparker at, Phone: (865) 974-4394

In case of questions, issues, special requirements, or if the above procedure does not apply in your case, please send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..